In my previous article, I showed you an example of a good and bad cold-calling script. Here are the ingredients to create a great one of your own.
There are many possible variations of a good cold-calling script, but here’s one formula that works.
(If you’re selling B2C, feel free to replace “companies” with an appropriate term like “individuals” or “homeowners.”)
- This is [YOUR NAME] from [YOUR COMPANY NAME]
- We help companies [BENEFIT]
- Or: “We work with people/companies to …” or “… who want to…”
- Or: “We specialize in helping companies …”
- Rephrase the above with an additional BENEFIT or examples of similar companies you’ve helped
- Call to action
Here’s how a cold-calling script targeting hospitals would look, using that formula:
- This is Tom from 123 Marketing.
- We help hospitals attract patients who are facing more out-of-pocket expenses and are searching for a hospital or clinic to get the most out of their health care dollars.
- We would like to introduce ourselves and show you how our marketing services can let the public know what distinguishes you and encourage consumers to consider your hospital for treatment.
- Would you have any time in the next week or so?
I didn’t just make this up. This is what hospitals themselves have said about why they need to advertise, gleaned from various hospital marketing blogs and websites.
Remember, the key to successful selling is knowing your prospects and speaking their language.
Rate your cold-calling skills with our free scorecard. Download yours today!
Want some free call scripts and to learn more about cold-calling and real estate? Check out our Guide to Cold-Calling Scripts & Tips for Real Estate Agents.
Want to Get More Tips from Haines? Subscribe to Our Blog
5 Tips to Finding More Real Estate Buyer Leads
Generating leads is a critical skill for agents wanting to […]
Real Estate Farming 101: Everything You Need to Know
Farming is all about cultivation. Whether growing plants or raising […]
What is Skip Tracing in Real Estate?
“Skip tracing” is a term that refers to the search […]
How New Agents Can Generate Leads
According to the Association of Real Estate License Law Officials […]
Why Realtors Need to Get Back to Basics
The dawn of social media and a digital culture often […]
Get a Jump Start to Marketing Your Services for Spring 2023
The end of the year is upon us, and while […]
Slow Housing Market? How to Find Off Market Properties
In the past year, the Fed has raised mortgage rates […]