Are you a local auto repair, restaurant, florist, beauty supply, chiropractor, or auto parts store? If so, new customers are closer than you think.
Every day, people turn to their smartphones to search for local information like directions, store hours, or a phone number. According to a Google study, 72 percent of these consumers will choose a store within 5 miles.
The study1 goes on to say:
Local searchers are ready to act. Many visit a nearby location within a day and complete purchases at a higher rate than consumers who conduct non-local searches.
Guess Who Consumers Blame when Your Information is Wrong?
The information consumers depend on to find you comes from listings on directories like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Yelp. Unfortunately, sometimes your information is missing or just plain wrong.
And who does the consumer blame when it is? That’s right, they blame you. The majority (73%) say they lose trust in the local business when this happens.
Take Control of Your Local Information
Fifty percent of businesses know their listings are wrong but have never updated them. Missing, inconsistent, or inaccurate information confuses consumers and hurts your business:
- Consumers can’t tell which information in which listing is correct, so they choose another business to contact
- When search engines find conflicting information in your listings, they place your competitors above you in the search results
It’s important that your business information be complete, accurate, and consistent across the 250+ local search directories (like, Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yelp, Manta, Merchant Circle and so on). Yet, time and again, we’ve seen businesses lose control of their local information by:
- Not paying attention to how their business is listed online
- Claiming their listings, then losing the login and password
- Failing to update their listing once they’ve moved
- Neglecting to add additional information to their listings (e.g., store hours, products and services, website address, etc.)
Don’t be a statistic. Take control of your local business information—before it’s too late.
Need help? Our Premium Business Listing service ensures that your business information is complete, accurate and consistent across hundreds of local search directories.