Can I Install Criss+Cross Plus on a Network?
Yes. A Network License is REQUIRED before it can be installed on a Network. Contact your local Sales Rep or the home office at (330) 494-9111 to obtain a Network License.
Do I need to carry the CD-ROM to every workstation?
I get an (Error 231) when trying to install Criss+Cross Plus across the Network. What does this mean?
Will Criss+Cross Plus run on my Network OS?
When trying to print out of Criss+Cross Plus, my computer freezes up. Why?
What do I select when I want to print 4 postcards per page in Criss+Cross Plus?
When trying to print out of Criss+Cross Plus, I get the message: ‘Cannot start print job, there is another print job in progress.’ Why?
If you need to cancel any print jobs in progress, unplug your printer, delete any print jobs in the Print Queue and try to print again.
What types of labels can be used with Criss+Cross Plus?
- Avery labels for DeskJet
- Bubble Jet and LaserJet Printers: 5160/5260, 5161/5261, and 5162/5262
- Dot Matrix printer with a 4145 label
When I try to go into Criss+Cross Plus, the window that says, ‘Select from the list of Available CD-ROMS’ is blank. Why?
You should be in the CRISS + CROSS V6 window. Go to the menu bar and select TOOLS\OPTIONS. At the bottom of the OPTIONS window, make sure that the LAST DRIVE text box shows your CD-Rom drive. If it does not, click on the down arrow at the end of the first drive and the LAST DRIVE text boxes and select your CD-Rom drive from the list and then click OK. Click File\Open. Click Refresh if necessary to view the available CD-Rom’s.
My CD arrived damaged. What should I do?
I have not received my CD. What should I do?
The wrong areas are licensed on my CD. What should I do?
I would like to order a network version of Criss+Cross Plus. What should I do?
Will Criss+Cross Plus run on a Mac?
Older PowerPC-based Apple Macintosh computer systems may run the program only through the Microsoft Virtual PC emulation software.
All options require a full version of Windows XP Home or Professional.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Windows 98, Windows ME: Pentium processor or above, 32 MB Ram, 40 MB HD free space available, 16X CD Rom or DVD.
- Windows 2000: Pentium 233MHZ, 64 MB Ram, 40 MB HD free space available, 16X CD Rom or DVD.
- Windows XP: Pentium 233MHZ, 64 MB Ram, 40 MB HD free space available, 16X CD Rom or DVD.
- Windows Vista: Pentium 800MHZ Processor, 512 MB Ram, 40 MB HD free space available, 16X CD Rom or DVD.
- Windows 98, Windows ME: Pentium 233MHZ processor or above, 48 MB Ram, 40 MB HD free space available, 16X CD Rom or DVD.
- Windows 2000, Windows XP: Pentium 233MHZ processor or above, 128 MB Ram, 40 MB HD free space available, 16X CD Rom or DVD.
- Windows Vista: Pentium 1 GHZ processor or above, 1 GB Ram, 4 MB HD free space available, 16X CD Rom or DVD.
When I open up Criss+Cross Plus, I do not have a CD to choose from to begin my search. Why isn’t my CD showing up?
Hint: Your CD-ROM drive will have a picture of a miniature CD in front of it.
When I try doing an address search, I can’t pull anybody up. Why?
On the Street table, you can select the desired street by matching the City and Zip Code associated with the street and by clicking on the OK button. At that time you can add the house number and click on OK to begin your search.
When I am using Criss+Cross Plus to look up an address, I can’t do multiple searches; I lost my first search when I clicked on the mailbox to do the next search.
Hint: Limit your searches to 10 or 15 windows at a time. remember to print or export from all windows to make sure you print or export all information that you have looked up.
When I do a search, the information that comes up on my screen was close to what I was looking for, but it does not match what I have typed in.
Hint: Select display matching listings only.
I can’t do a radius search because the word ‘radius’ is grayed out. Why?
How do I highlight all the records from my search in Criss+Cross Plus?
Hint: Only 3500 records can be exported at one time. If you are going to print 30,000 records, it will take about 1000 pages.
How do I add records to a DO NOT CALL list in Criss+Cross Plus?
How do I install the Haines Criss+Cross Plus Program?
2. Place the most recent Program CD in your CD-Rom Drive.
3. Double click on the icon named “My Computer” located on your desktop.
4. Double click on your CD-Rom Drive Letter (it will have a picture of a CD) Double click on “Setup.exe” (It has a picture that looks like the sails on a sail boat with a blue background)
5. Message: Do you have a password: Click Yes.
6. Enter the password. Click NEXT.
7. At Choose Destination Location Screen: Click NEXT. The program will begin installing.
8. Set-Up Complete Screen: Click FINISH.
9. Rebooting Machine: Click OK.
How do I install the Haines Criss+Cross Plus Program to a Network?
- Close out of all programs.
- Place the most recent Program CD in the CD-ROM drive of the Server or computer that will hold the files.
- Run the Setup.exe located on the CD.
- Message: Do you have a password. Select “YES.”
- Enter the password. Click “Next.”
- Select “Copy Contents of CD.” Click “Next.”
- Browse to the root of C:, or to the root of a network share. Click “Next.”
Network Installation – Client Side
- Create a Mapped Drive to the CCP Directory on the Server (or computer) in which you ran the Network install. For example – \\is615\c\CCP.
- Click Start/Run and browse to the Setup.exe on your Mapped Drive. Click “OK.”
- Follow the prompts. (The “Client Install” installs to the default location.)
- The following permissions must be granted on the Client Side if not logged in as the administrator:
- C:\Program Files\Haines
- C:\Program Files\Databases
- C:\Program Files\Import Utility